Parents & Community
Welcome! You are a very influential factor in the student-teacher-parent-community equation. As parents, you are your child’s first and most important teacher. As community members, your interest and support reinforces the belief that an education—for each child—is critical to the future of our community, our state and our country.
Family and community involvement fosters partnerships among schools. These partnerships result in sharing and maximizing resources that help children and youth develop healthy behaviors.
Research shows that students whose parents are involved in their education are more likely to:
- Adapt well to school
- Attend school more regularly
- Complete homework more consistently
- Earn higher grades and test scores
- Graduate and go on to college
- Have better social skills
- Show improved behavior
- Have better relationships with their parents
- Have higher self-esteem
Additionally, linking community activities to the classroom
- Improves school-related behaviors
- Positively impacts academic achievement
- Reduces school suspension rates
Attendance is a primary indicator of school success or failure. It is a variable completely beyond the control of the education community. Please insist that your children be at school on time, and emphasize to your friends, neighbors and colleagues the importance of regular school attendance.